This product is no longer available.
- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Single-sided direct-to-card ID system ideal for low volume card printing applications
- Special features: includes all of the supplies you need to start printing cards, built-in erase/rewrite and inline card printing, and encoding via one USB connection
- Optional upgrades: software upgrade options and extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- DTC4000 single-sided printer
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 2 year printer & printhead warranty with 1 year loaner coverage
Fargo DTC4000 48000 Description
Designed for applications with low to high security needs, the Fargo DTC4000 single-sided printer delivers versatility for current and future needs by combining a high level of simplicity and flexibility. Whether you need employee access cards or membership cards, the Fargo DTC4000 single-sided printer creates brilliant ID badges and crisp barcodes and digital signatures.
- Compact design
The small footprint allows the Fargo DTC4000 single-sided card printer to easily accommodate any desktop configuration.
- Direct-to-card printing with built-in erase and rewrite
The DTC4000 single-sided printer produces ID cards using dye-sublimation printing for vivid color and accurate images and thermal transfer or resin thermal transfer for sharp black text and barcodes. In addition, the DTC4000 single-sided printer features a built-in erase and rewrite function that is ideal for temporary ID cards such as visitor badges.
- All-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridge
An all-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridges offer a convenient and simplified loading process making maintenance a breeze.
- Intuitive user-interface
The intuitive user-interface includes a SmartScreen graphical display to easily identify the status of the printer.
- Enhanced security
The Fargo DTC4000 48000 printer is designed to migrate from lower to higher security levels, offering built-in printer password protection and optional fluorescent ribbons for Ultra-Violet or UV printing.
- Printing on various card thicknesses
To accommodate access control badges and smart cards the Fargo DTC4000 48000 printer allows printing cards as thin as 9 mil and up to 40 mil thick.
- Printing and encoding via one connection
The Fargo 48000 features the industry's first inline card printing and technology card encoding with one connection using the standard USB connection or optional Ethernet connectivity.
- Optional dual-sided printing (field-upgradeable)
Does your application require printing on both sides of the card? No problem, the Fargo 48000 is available as a single or dual-sided ID printer. Utilizing dual-sided printing allows for more space on your ID card for your company logo, additional cardholder information or security features. View the Fargo DTC4000 Duplex ID Card Printer.
- Optional Ethernet connectivity (field-upgradeable)
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)|
CR79 - adhesive-back (CR79 is slightly smaller than the size of a standard credit card)
|Card Thickness Accepted||9-40 mil|
|Printer Color Capability||Color & monochrome printing, plus monochrome rewritable printing|
|Printer Loudness||Operating: 59 dB (A)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable|
US/International power cords
CD with printer drivers & user guide
|Input Hopper Capacity||100|
|Interface||USB 2.0 (optional Ethernet w/ internal print server)|
|OS Compatibility||Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)*; Linux**,|
Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6
Driver includes Fargo Workbench Printer Utility & Swift ID™ Embedded Badging Application
* Windows 8 drivers must be downloaded from the Fargo website.
**For specifications on Linux version compatibility, please refer to the printer brochure or call us at (800) 321-4405 x2.
|Printer Options||Encoding -|
Dual-sided printing module - field-installable
Same-side input/output hopper - field-installable
dual-input card hopper - field-installable
Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler, including options to add printer loaner coverage to standard warranty
|Output Hopper Capacity||100|
100-card reject hopper (required same-side input/output card hopper)
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||7 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)|
24 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Printing Capability||Single-sided printing|
|Warranty||2 years on printer and printhead (unlimited passes with ID Wholesaler-purchased cards) with 1 year printer loaner coverage|
|Weight & Dimensions||8 lbs (3.63 kg), 18.1'' x 9.8'' x 9.2'' (460mm x 249mm x 234mm)|
Fargo DTC4000 48000
Fargo DTC4000 48000 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest DTC4000 drivers and firmware
- DTC4000 Firmware and Drivers
Fargo DTC4000 48000 User ManualsFind the latest versions of the Fargo DTC4000 user manuals below:
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - English
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - English
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - Spanish
- Fargo Workbench User Manual ? Spanish
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options