- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Single-sided direct-to-card printer designed for mid-level volume card printing
- Special features: all-in-one ribbon and cleaning cartridge, intuitive LCD panel, and special printer driver utility
- Optional upgrades: dual-sided printing , Ethernet connectivity, encoding, extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- DTC400e single-sided printer
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 2-year warranty
Fargo DTC400e 54100 Description
The Fargo HID single-sided DTC400e printer makes printing and encoding your plastic cards incredibly easy. Featuring a modular design, the Fargo DTC400e printer can be upgraded and configured to match your evolving needs, enabling you to add two-sided printing or encoding as you need it.
Note: The Fargo single-sided DTC400e printer (Fargo 54100) is the new, enhanced version of the Fargo DTC400 printer. The Fargo 54100 directly replaces Fargo 44100, as well as its various configurations.
- Easy operation and maintenance
The Fargo single-sided DTC400e printer provides hassle-free supplies loading that even the non-technical user can appreciate. Its all-in-one cartridge combines the ribbon and cleaning roller into a single, convenient assembly, saving you both time and the messy hassle of torn, wasted ribbons and separate card cleaning mechanisms. The single-sided DTC400e printer verifies that you've inserted the correct ribbon cartridge and will alert you if you haven't.
- Auto-cleaning of each card
The cleaning roller for the Fargo 54100 printer auto cleans each card before it comes in direct contact with the printhead. Because the cleaning mechanism is included with each new ribbon cartridge, you are effortlessly performing a crucial step in protecting your printhead and maintaining high quality results.
- Intuitive LCD panel
Don't live in confusion with another card printer's blinking LED indicator lights. With the DTC400e printer's LCD control panel, you'll always know the status of your printing process with its easy-to-follow message prompts and commands.
- Printing on a variety of card types
Print superb results on a variety of card types and materials. The DTC400e features color printing enhancements that produce true-to-life photos, and sharp text and images. Plus, you can enjoy these great results on a wide range of card materials, including thin cards, rewritable cards, holographic foil cards, and technology cards.
- Special printer driver utility
The Fargo single-sided DTC400e printer features the exclusive Fargo Workbench printer utility. The Fargo Workbench is a user-friendly printer security, diagnostics and firmware upgrades tool included in your driver. Through the workbench, you can:
- Add password-controlled access
- Use a library of card samples
- Gain access to key printer and ribbon information (e.g., printer serial number, listing of installed options, ribbon type, ribbon amount used, etc.)
- Run various troubleshooting and diagnostics tools and more!
- Optional dual-sided printing
Does your application require printing on both sides of the card? No problem, the Fargo 400e ID card printer is available as a single or dual-sided ID printer. Utilizing dual-sided printing allows for more space on your ID card for your company logo, additional cardholder information or security features. View the Fargo DTC400e Duplex ID Card Printer.
- Optional Ethernet connectivity
The DTC400e card printer features optional Ethernet connectivity with an internal print server which allows for remote printer sharing by many users on a network. (
- Optional encoding
The DTC400e also features several encoding options enabling magnetic stripe, contact or contactless smart cards, and proximity cards. (
- Optional extended warranty and printer loaner plans
ID Wholesaler's extended warranty plans include toll-free technical support, live chat support, total parts and labor replacement, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. This satisfaction-guaranteed service is handled in-house by our knowledgeable, factory-trained technical support team.
Our printer loaner coverage plans provide you with a loaner printer in the event your printer needs to be sent to ID Wholesaler for repair. Printer loaner plans help ensure you won't be without a printer and your card printing can continue uninterrupted.
- Financial / banking institutions
- Hospitals & health care facilities
- K-12 schools & universities
- State & federal government agencies
- Small- to mid-sized corporations
Fargo DTC400e 54100 Specifications
|Printing Capability||Single-sided printing|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||7 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
27 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Input Hopper Capacity||100|
|Output Hopper Capacity||30
15-card reject hopper
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR79 - adhesive back
CR80 - standard credit card size
|Card Thickness Accepted||9-40 mil|
|Interface||USB 1.1 & USB 2.0 compatible (optional Ethernet w/ internal print server)|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit); Linux*
Driver includes Fargo Workbench Printer Utility - a user-friendly diagnostic tool
*For specifications on Linux version compatibility, please refer to the printer brochure or call us at (800) 321-4405 x2.
|Warranty||2 years on printer and printhead (unlimited passes with ID Wholesaler-purchased cards) with 1 year printer loaner coverage|
|Weight & Dimensions||8 lbs (3.63 kg), 13.62'' x 7.9'' x 8.14'' (346mm x 201mm x 207mm)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable
US/International power cords
CD with printer drivers & user guide
|Printer Options||Encoding -
100-card output hopper, with or without reject tray
Dual-sided printing module (field-installable)
Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler, including options to add printer loaner coverage to standard warranty
Fargo DTC400e 54100 Support & Downloads
Fargo DTC400e 54100 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest DTC400e drivers and firmware
- Fargo Support: DTC400e Firmware and Drivers
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options