- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Dual-sided direct-to-card laminating printer ideal for high-volume or high-security applications
- Special features:Heavy duty construction, wasteless lamination, standard 200 card dual-input card hopper, built-in erase/rewrite, standard Ethernet connectivity, and 3-year warranty on printer and printhead
- Optional upgrades:Encoding options, locking hoppers and consumable doors for additional security, Wi-Fi accessory for wireless connectivity (sold separately)
The Fargo DTC5500LMX ID card printer combines direct-to-card printing and wasteless lamination, offering a cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and ultra-durable solution for high-quality and high-volume ID card production. This rugged, yet stylish printer is one of the first to comprise HID Global's new Professional Select Series of printers and features HID Global's new iON technology, allowing it to reach optimal operating temperature in as little as 45 seconds. Designed to tolerate even the harshest environments, the DTC5500LMX is an extremely durable card printer that promises to maximize productivity while consistently producing quality secure credentials with single or two-material lamination.
- High Volume, heavy-duty construction
The DTC5500LMX is designed for high-volume printing programs. With print speeds of up to 600 monochrome cards per hour (225 full-color YMCKO cards per hour), large batches can be printed in record time. The new laminator utilizes HID Global's iON technology, which allows the laminator to warm up in less than a minute, reducing downtime and optimizing operational efficiency.
Based on the extremely popular, but now discontinued, Fargo DTC550 model, the DTC5500LMX is made of a heavy-duty metal and plastic body designed to deliver quality card printing performance, even in harsh conditions. Modeled after 20 years of direct-to-card printing excellence, the DTC5500LMX laminating card printer is a reliable print engine uniquely designed to provide volume performance with a low cost of ownership. Plus, the manufacturer ensures the DTC5500LMX with a three-year printer and printhead warranty.
- All in one printing & lamination
With the Fargo DTC5500LMX, dual-sided printing and dual-sided lamination come standard. The DTC5500LMX is extremely flexible and can be loaded with two different types of laminates at the same time, giving you the ability to use different laminates on the front and back of the cards if you desire. The laminator on the Fargo 56305 is extremely easy to use, with included sensors that automatically advance laminate patches through the printer and align the patches for proper results. The DTC5500LMX includes two major innovations for lamination technology:
- Wasteless lamination
Normal card laminators function utilizing a laminate supply roll that holds the fresh laminate patches on a carrier film, and a pickup core that winds up the carrier film after the laminate patches have been removed from it. The Fargo DTC5500LMX features a wasteless lamination solution that removes both the pickup core and the laminate carrier film. The wasteless laminate patches are advanced from the supply roll with no carrier film, and with no carrier film, there is no need for a pickup core. When the roll of laminate patches has been exhausted, all that needs to be discarded is the empty supply roll.
Having no carrier film or pickup core reduces the cost to produce laminates. This cost reduction has been passed on to the end-user in the form of lower-cost laminates. This alone can make it worth the upgrade to the DTC5500LMX over other laminating printers such as the DTC4500e, aside from other cost savings from the durability and lower energy consumption.
The wasteless laminate patches utilized with the DTC5500LMX offer several benefits over similar products on the market. The wasteless patches have rounded corners. Compared to square-cornered patches, rounded-corner patches can be produced to cover more of the patch without hanging over the edge. This results in coverage of 95.5% compared to 88% coverage from competing products. The DTC5500LMX is able to advance laminates without the need for notches in the patch, resulting in better coverage. Better coverage results in a better-protected card.
- iON technology
The laminator in the DTC5500LMX 56305 utilizes HID Fargo's innovative iON technology, which drastically reduces the warmup time of the laminator from an average of 2-5 minutes to just 45 seconds. This can have a dramatic improvement in productivity in intermittent issuance environments such as DMVs and university campuses where there may be a delay between printing each card while paperwork is filled out or payment is processed. Additionally, iON technology allows the printer to control and optimize the laminator temperature so that you always receive optimal results.
- Direct-to-card printing with rewrite ability
The Fargo 56305 builds upon Fargo's 20 years of direct-to-card expertise, combining advanced technology with proven reliability to save you time and money. Direct-to-card printers use a thermal printhead to print directly from printer ribbon to card. The same printhead can be used to erase and rewrite cards (requires rewritable cards) - an excellent solution and cost-saver for issuing temporary cards to visitors.
- Flexible supplies for unique needs
The DTC5500LMX can utilize over a dozen different ribbons and laminates to satisfy the unique needs of your card printing environment whether that includes full-color cards, half-panel or monochrome cards. Lamination with the DTC5500LMX is just as flexible, with laminate options including full card, smart chip cutouts, and half-patch laminates. The 56305 can even utilize two different types of laminates at the same time, allowing each card to have a separate type of laminate on each side of the card.
- Optional same-side input and output hoppers With a simple upgrade, the DTC5500LMX can be adapted to fit into office environments where space is limited. With the optional same-side input/output hopper upgrade, you can reposition your input and output hoppers to the same side of your DTC5500LMX to reduce the total space required for printer operation.
- Optional Encoding The DTC5500LMX can be ordered with a variety of encoding options from contact and contactless smart card encoding, to HID proximity and ISO magnetic stripe encoding. If you opt for no encoding, Fargo offers field upgradable modules (sold separately) that can be purchased at a later date to add this functionality. Select from:
- ISO Magnetic Stripe Encoder
- Omnikey Cardman 5121 & 5125 with contact station for encoding HID Prox, MIFARE/DESFire, and contact smart cards
- Omnikey Cardman 5127 for encoding iCLASS SE, iCLASS, MIFARE/DESFire, and HID Proximity cards
- Corporate IDs
- Membership cards
- Gift cards
- Customer loyalty
- Health Cards
- Mass transit
- Student Ids
|Card Sizes Accepted||30 - 40 Mil|
|Printer Color Capability||Color & monochrome printing|
|Print Resolution DPI||300 DPI|
|Printer Includes||USB cable|
US/International power cords
CD with printer drivers & user guide
|Input Hopper Capacity||Dual Hoppers - 100 each (200 total)|
|Interface||USB 2.0 & Ethernet with internal print server|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10,Windows 8,Windows 7,Windows Server 2003,Windows Server 2008,Windows Server 2012,Mac OS X|
|Printer Options||Encoding -|
|Output Hopper Capacity||100 cards|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||6 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)|
16 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
24 seconds( full-color front (YMCKOK) dual-sided card)
|Printing Capability||Single-sided & dual-sided printing|
|Warranty||3 years on printer and printhead (unlimited pass with Ultracard™)|
|Weight & Dimensions||39 lbs (17.7kg), 12.9" x 34.9" x 9.3" (327.7mm x 866.5mm x 236.2mm)|
Fargo DTC5500LMX 56305
Fargo DTC5500LMX 56305 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest DTC5500LMX drivers and firmware
- DTC5500LMX Firmware and Drivers
Fargo DTC5500LMX 56305 SupportID Wholesaler has the most knowledgeable and well-trained in-house technical support department in the industry. Unlike other retailers, we don't send your printer back to the manufacturer -- we fix it, fast! We offer coverage plans for your DTC5500LMX:
- See our Fargo DTC5500LMX TrueSupport Coverage Plan
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options