ID Card Printer Ribbons & Supplies
Every ID card printer needs supplies, and finding the right ones should be easy. As an authorized reseller with an extensive online product selection, ID Wholesaler is your one-stop shop for genuine ID card printer supplies. We carry color ribbons, monochrome ribbons, laminates, card printer cleaning kits, id cards, printer parts and more for all the industry's best brands: Magicard, Entrust Datacard, Evolis, Fargo, Persona, Zebra, IDP, Nisca, Matica EDIsecure, NBS and SwiftColor.
Shop Card Printer Supplies by Brand
Shop Best Selling Card Printer Supplies
$200.99 Add To Cart For Price
You Save: $10.05
- YMCKO color ribbon
- 700 prints per roll
- Compatible with DTC1500XE printers
- Print full-color images & one-color text or barcodes
You Save: $15.94
- 4 printhead cleaning swabs
- 10 adhesive cleaning cards & 10 pads
- 3 isopropyl alcohol cleaning cards
- For HDP5000, HDP5600, & HDP5600XE printers
- YMCKT ribbon including topcoat
- 500 prints per roll
- Earth-friendly, biodegradable core
- For CD810 printers
You Save: $23.75
- YMCKO full color ribbon
- 300 prints per roll
- For Enduro3E LE Uno, Enduro3E LE Duo, Rio Pro LE, and Rio Pro LE Duo printers
You Save: $20.00
- 12 print path cleaning cards
- 12 feeder cleaning cards
- For Zebra ZXP Series 7 printers
- Maintain your printer's functionality
Expert Tips & Advice
How to Choose the Right ID Card Printer Ribbon
You may look at the virtual sea or ribbon supplies on IDWholesaler.com and think, “They all seem the same; they should all work the same, shouldn’t they?” Not necessarily.
You may even notice there’s more than one ribbon that will work with your printer. But sometimes, there are subtle variances that can mean the difference between flawless printing or a technical nightmare.
It can seem like a difficult task trying to figure it all out, so let’s take a look at the basics.
Each letter relates to a panel on the ribbon itself. For example:
Y is Yellow
M is Magenta or Red
C is Cyan or Blue
K is Black
O or T is clear overlay (the protective layer that prevents the colors from rubbing off)
There are also specialty ribbons that have an “I” or “F” panel, but we’ll cover those another time.
The ribbons you’ll need to use depend upon the printer you’re using and what you’re printing onto your card. If you print color on one or both sides of your card, you would use the YMCKO ribbon.
However, if you’re printing color on the front and only black on the back, you’ll need an extra “K” (black) panel, making it the YMCKOK ribbon. The YMCKOK ribbon will not work for you if you want to print a single- or double-sided color card.
You’ll also want to be aware if you’re ordering half panel or not. At first, half panel ribbons may look like a great deal because they are lower in cost and produce more prints. But these ribbons can only print color on half of a card!
If you have any doubts about what you’ll need to successfully print your next batch if ID cards, it’s always best to call and talk to an ID Professional at ID Wholesaler. We can help ensure you’re getting exactly the right ribbons for your card printer. Making sure you get the correct product will help save you avoid returns, replacements, and wasted supplies which will ultimately save you time and money.
+ Read more
5 Ways to Extend the Life of Your ID Card Printer
If you’ve ever purchased an ID card printer before, you’re well aware that they are not cheap. However, you can easily extend the life of your ID card printer by making sure you follow these five easy steps.
Step 1 – Clean your printer on a regular basis. All card printers require regular cleaning as part of the ongoing maintenance. Failure to clean the printer may even void your printer’s warranty and can lead to printhead damage or card feeding errors.
Card printer manufacturers make it easy by supplying cleaning kits designed specifically for their printers, simply purchase the recommended cleaning kit and follow the cleaning instructions found in your printer manual. Contact an ID Professional if you need a cleaning kit or if we can help you locate a manual for detailed cleaning instructions.
Step 2 – Use your printer manufacturer’s genuine color and/or monochrome ribbons and laminates (if applicable). Factory-authorized ribbons are designed specifically for each printer model. Using your printer manufacturer’s genuine ribbons and other printing supplies will provide rich color and highly detailed images.
Step 3 – Always use a dust cover when your ID card printer is not in use. Dust covers keep your printer clean and protect it from dust, airborne debris, and accidental spills.
Step 4 – Choose a good location for your printer. Card printers operate best in a controlled environment. Put your printer in a cool and dry location with adequate air circulation to prevent overheating. Don’t place your printer near a heat source (radiator, air duct, direct sunlight), and avoid areas that generate excessive dust or excessive moisture.
Step 5 – Use high-quality plastic ID cards. Always print on “graphic-quality” or “video-grade quality” cards. These cards have a clean surface that will help optimize the quality of images on your cards. Dust and debris degrade the print quality of your cards and can even damage your printhead.
By adhering to these easy-to-follow steps, you’ll maintain a higher level of ID card quality as well as prolong the life of your ID card printer.
Your ID Card Printer Supplies Checklist
ID card printer? Check!
What other items should you put in your shopping cart to complete your ID card system? Here’s a list to use as a guide! Accessories may vary depending on card printer model you have selected and how you will be using your ID cards.
- ID Software – design your ID cards, store a database of printed cards, and more
- Plastic Cards – stock up on cards so that you won’t run out
- Ribbons, Cleaning Kits & Supplies – keep your printer in top condition with genuine manufacturer supplies
- ID Printer Dust Cover – protect your printer when it’s not in use
- ID Camera – take crisp, professional-looking photos for your IDs
- Lanyard & Badge Reels – wear your ID badge with securely and with pride
- Badge Holders – keep your ID badge protected or allow your users to easily carry more than one card
- Slot Punch – allow your badge to be attached to a lanyard or other accessory
- Extended Warranty – get added peace of mind in your investment
- Data Capture Devices – read a magnetic stripe or barcode, or capture your user’s signature or fingerprint
- Training – become an ID printer expert with training from a factory-trained specialist
SAVE BIG on ValuProx Cards
Valuprox cards offer the same performance as other name brand proximity cards, but are up to 23% less! Plus, when you order Valuprox cards you'll receive fast fulfillment and guaranteed quality control!