- Direct-to-card printing
- Dual-sided printing
- Dual laminate material
- Warranty: 3 years
Our Price: $7,499.00
The Fargo DTC5500LMX is a dual-sided direct-to-card printer with dual-sided lamination and optional encoding capabilities. This powerful printer produces secure and long-lasting credentials, and comes standard with USB and Ethernet for flexible networking. Additional features include a modular design, physical security locks, rewrite printing capabilities, and the long-term savings associated with LMX wasteless lamination.
Our Price: $7,499.00
Fargo DTC5500LMX printers are rugged, efficient, and offers a wasteless lamination solution. The dual-sided direct-to-card printer is designed for high-volume and high-security applications. It is backed by a three-year warranty that includes a 1 year of loaner coverage.
DTC5500LMX card printers offer a number of easy-to-use features including:
• Standard dual-sided printing and dual-side lamination
• LMX wasteless lamination that decreases the cost of consumables up to 40% compared to traditional laminators
• Utilizes iON technology that warms up the laminator in under a minute, significantly reducing down time and streamlining your card program
• A standard dual-input card hopper, with 200-card capacity, for extended card printing batches or the ability to switch between two card stocks
• Physical lock to safeguard hoppers and consumables
• Built-in USB and Ethernet connectivity for flexibility in where your printer is placed in your facility
• Optional encoding features including proximity, smart contact and contactless cards, and magnetic stripe
• Modular design allows you to easily upgrade to advanced features
• A combination of dye-sublimation printing and thermal resin printing for vivid, full-color images, sharp black text and readable barcodes
• Rewrite printing capability to inexpensively print temporary ID cards, such as visitor badges - rewrite cards can be printed, erased, and reprinted up to 500 times!
• An optional same-side input/output card hopper for added convenience with where you can place your DTC5500LMX
Traditional ID card laminators operates by using a laminate supply roll that holds unused laminate patches on a carrier film, and a pickup core that winds up the carrier film after the laminate patches have been removed from it. The DTC5500LMX eliminates the need to use both a carrier film and a pickup core. Instead, a single core of perforated laminates are used to laminate cards. The sensors inside the DTC5500LMX detects when a new cards is ready to be laminated and it places the LMX wasteless laminate patch over the card. With this process, all patches are used and it significantly helps decrease the cost of consumables.
In plastic card printing, lamination is a clear protective layer that is applied over the top of your printed cards by a printer with lamination capability. It increases the life of each card, and helps reduce the cost of re-printing ID badges.
Lamination helps protect your cards from normal wear, prevent cards from fading due to sun exposure, and increase the security of your cards with holographic laminate options.
Two laminate materials helps increase the versatility of your cards, as well as increases the security of your cards from being copied. As an example, you may choose to place a holographic laminate on the front of your card, and then use a half-patch on the back to help protect it from normal wear, like a mag stripe being used in a reader.
Fargo does not allow pricing to be displayed for HDP8500 products.
Our ID Professionals would be happy to assist you with pricing information by calling us at: (800) 321-4405 x2