- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Dual-sided direct-to-card printer ideal for applications with low to high security needs
- Special features: same-side input/output hopper, dual-hopper options, printer password protection, built-in erase/rewrite, and 2-year warranty that includes 1 year of loaner coverage
- Optional upgrades: field-upgradeable Ethernet connectivity, encoding, extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- DTC4000 dual-sided printer
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 2 year printer & printhead warranty with 1 year loaner coverage
Fargo DTC4000 48100 Description
Designed for applications with low to high security needs, the Fargo DTC4000 dual-sided printer delivers versatility for current and future needs by combining a high level of simplicity and flexibility. Whether you need employee access cards or membership cards, the Fargo DTC4000 dual-sided printer creates brilliant ID badges and crisp barcodes and digital signatures.
- Compact design
The small footprint allows the Fargo DTC4000 dual-sided card printer to easily accommodate any desktop configuration.
- Direct-to-card printing with built-in erase and rewrite
The Fargo DTC4000 dual-sided card printer produces ID cards using dye-sublimation printing for vivid color and accurate images and thermal transfer or resin thermal transfer for sharp black text and barcodes. In addition, the DTC4000 dual-sided printer features a built-in erase and rewrite function that is ideal for temporary ID cards such as visitor badges.
- All-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridge
An all-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridges offer a convenient and simplified loading process making maintenance a breeze.
- Intuitive user-interface
The intuitive user-interface includes a SmartScreen™ graphical display to easily identify the status of the printer.
- Enhanced security
The DTC4000 dual-sided printer is designed to migrate from lower to higher security levels, offering built-in printer password protection and optional fluorescent ribbons for Ultra-Violet or UV printing.
- Printing on various card thicknesses
To accommodate access control badges and smart cards, the Fargo DTC4000 48100 printer allows printing cards as thin as 9 mil and up to 40 mil thick.
- Printing and encoding via one connection
The Fargo DTC4000 48100 printer features the industry's first inline card printing and technology card encoding with one connection using the standard USB connection or optional Ethernet connectivity.
- Optional Ethernet connectivity (field-upgradeable)
The Fargo 48100 features optional Ethernet connectivity with an internal print server which allows for remote printer sharing by many users on a network. (
- Optional encoding (field-upgradeable)
The Fargo 48100 also features several encoding options enabling migration to contact and contactless smart cards such as HID iCLASS technology or magnetic stripe and proximity cards. (
- Optional same-side input/output hopper (field-upgradeable)
An optional same-side input/output hopper can help fit the printer into tight workspaces. (
- Optional dual-input card hopper (field-upgradeable)
Increase capacity and streamline your card printing with an optional dual-input card hopper. (
- Optional extended warranty and printer loaner plans
ID Wholesaler's extended warranty plans include toll-free technical support, live chat support, total parts and labor replacement, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. This satisfaction-guaranteed service is handled in-house by our knowledgeable, factory-trained technical support team.
Our printer loaner coverage plans provide you with a loaner printer in the event your printer needs to be sent to ID Wholesaler for repair. Printer loaner plans help ensure you won't be without a printer and your card printing can continue uninterrupted.
- Optional card printer training
Get your new Fargo DTC4000 card printer up and running in no time with a training session from our in-house Technical Support team. We will tailor your training around your specific printer and your specific needs. A card printer training session may include topics such as:
- ID card printer installation assistance
- How to load the ribbon and cards
- A review of the printer's user interface
- Special printer features and how to use them
- Corporate IDs
- Membership cards
- Gift cards
- Customer loyalty
- Health Cards
- Mass transit
- Student Ids
Fargo DTC4000 48100 Specifications
|Printing Capability||Single-sided & dual-sided printing|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||7 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
24 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Input Hopper Capacity||100|
|Output Hopper Capacity||100
100-card reject hopper (required same-side input/output card hopper)
|Noise Level:||Operating: 59 dB (A)|
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)
CR79 - adhesive-back (CR79 is slightly smaller than the size of a standard credit card)
|Card Thickness Accepted||9-40 mil
Note: Mylar-backed thin cards are recommended
|Interface||USB 2.0 (optional Ethernet w/ internal print server)|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)*; Linux**,
Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6
Driver includes Fargo Workbench Printer Utility & Swift ID™ Embedded Badging Application
* Windows 8 drivers must be downloaded from the Fargo website.
**For specifications on Linux version compatibility, please refer to the printer brochure or call us at (800) 321-4405 x2.
|Warranty||2 years on printer and printhead (unlimited passes with ID Wholesaler-purchased cards) with 1 year printer loaner coverage|
|Weight & Dimensions||10 lbs (4.54 kg), 18.1'' x 9.8'' x 9.2'' (460mm x 249mm x 234mm)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable
US/International power cords
CD with printer drivers & user guide
|Printer Options||Encoding -
Same-side input/output hopper - field-installable
dual-input card hopper - field-installable
Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler, including options to add printer loaner coverage to standard warranty
Fargo DTC4000 48100 Support & Downloads
Fargo DTC4000 48100 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest DTC4000 drivers and firmware
- DTC4000 Firmware and Drivers
Fargo DTC4000 48100 User ManualsFind the latest versions of the Fargo DTC4000 user manuals below:
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - English
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - English
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - Spanish
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - Spanish<
Looking for additional documents or guides for the Fargo DTC4000? Visit the Fargo Document Library.
Fargo DTC4000 48100 Warranty OptionsExtended Warranties & Registration
- Extended Warranty Plans
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options