Frequently Purchased Together
It's a great time to upgrade to a new printer!
Trade-in your old ID card printer for a new one and get up to a $700 credit.
Call for details! (800) 321-4405
- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Direct-to-card printer ideal for mid- to high-volume card printing applications.
- Special features: built-in USB connectivity (optional ethernet) and 3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty
- Optional upgrades: Ethernet connectivity, encoding, and extended warranty plans
- IDP Smart-51 printer
- USB cable
- Power cord
- CD with drivers, manuals & utility programs
- Quick install guide
- 3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty
IDP Smart-51S Printer Description
Experience the powerful technology and trusted print quality of the IDP Smart-51 ID Card Printer. Constructed with a rugged metal frame and steel ball bearings for dependability and longevity, this direct-to-card printing solution offers increased printing speeds, producing up to 212 full-color, single-sided ID cards in just an hour. Unlike other card printers, the Smart-51 was specially designed for a quieter card production process. It can be upgraded to provide stronger security for your card issuance program with magnetic stripe, contact, or contactless smart card encoding as well as enhanced card durability with lamination. With its patented FINE™ imaging capabilities, the IDP Smart-51 creates professional-grade ID card credentials for organizations with small- to mid-size card issuance programs.
- Next-generation speed and dependability
Following in the footsteps of its Smart-50 predecessor, the high-speed IDP Smart-51 upgraded printer boasts higher printing production coupled with a substantially larger card loading capacity of up to 200 cards (when its cover is opened) for reliable, worry-free card printing. The Smart-51 also has a removable output hopper for hand-fed or batch printing.
- Simple operation and performance
With standard USB connectivity and a compact desktop design, you can set your printing process in motion quickly and conveniently with the IDP Smart-51 card printer. The portability-friendly card maker features a two-line front LCD display has LED buttons and allows for the easy-to-understand prompts, ensuring that so you'll always know the status of your print jobs.
- Direct-to-card print quality
When it comes to accuracy and precision, you can rely on the Smart-51’s 300 dpi resolution to design and create customized, professional-looking ID cards in just minutes. With the lowest cost-per-card of the Smart Series of ID card printers, you can trust the Smart-51 will deliver exceptional quality at a price that’s budget-friendly. Its dye-sublimation printing with color and monochrome ribbons consistently produces vivid colors, radiant images, and crisp text/barcodes.
- Integrated security options
The IDP Smart-51 ID Card Printer includes built-in password protection – complete with administrator and user authentications – to heighten the level of scalable security for your printing program. With its computer authentication capabilities, the Smart-51 allows you to “lock” your printer to a single PC and make it useless if it’s ever stolen.
- Optional encoding
With the IDP Smart-51 printer, you can choose from a variety of options to combine with your photo ID card application with magnetic stripe, contact (ISO 7816-compliant), and contactless (MIFARE, DESFIRE, and iClass) encoding for the optimal scalable solution for your organization.
- Optional dual-sided printing
If you want to maximize the real estate on both sides of your ID cards, choose the field-upgradeable Smart-51 Flipper unit for dual-sided printing. View the IDP Smart-51 Dual-Sided Printer.
- Optional card lamination
Increase card security and durability with lamination. Not only does laminate protect cards from physical wear and tear; it also deters tampering and forgery. Whether your card application requires laminate patches or holographic film, the Smart-51 Lamination Module exceptional results.
- Optional extended warranty and printer loaner plans
ID Wholesaler's extended warranty plans include toll-free technical support, live chat support, total parts and labor replacement, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. This satisfaction-guaranteed service is handled in-house by our knowledgeable, factory-trained technical support team. Our printer loaner coverage plans provide you with a loaner printer in the event your printer needs to be sent to ID Wholesaler for repair. Printer loaner plans help ensure you won't be without a printer and your card printing can continue uninterrupted.
- Optional card printer training
Get your new card printer up and running in no time with a training session from our in-house Technical Support team. We will tailor your training around your specific printer and your specific needs. A card printer training session may include topics such as:
- ID card printer installation assistance
- How to load the ribbon and cards
- A review of the printer's user interface
- Special printer features and how to use them
- Industry-leading warranty protection
Enjoy first-class coverage for your Smart-51 printer with a warranty plan that keeps your ID card printing program operational, while ensuring you get the most for your money.
- 3-Year Advanced Exchange Coverage - If your printer goes down during the warranty, you won't need to deal with shipping loaner printers back-and-forth. Instead, you will simply exchange your printer for a replacement printer. The replacement printer will then be covered for the duration of your initial printer’s warranty.
- 2-Year Unlimited Prints/Passes Printhead Warranty – IDP will replace blown printheads, no questions asked, for 2 years (the replacement printhead is covered for the duration of the initial printhead’s warranty).
- Employee IDs
- Access control
- Membership / loyalty / gift
IDP Smart-51S Printer Specifications
IDP Smart-51S Single-Sided ID Card Printer – 651398
|Printing Capability||Single side|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||5 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
17 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Input Hopper Capacity||100 (200 with hopper door open)|
|Output Hopper Capacity||40|
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC, PET or Composite PVC (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)|
|Card Thickness Accepted||15-40 mil|
|Print Resolution DPI||300 DPI|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 10 (32- & 64-bit); Mac OS, Linux|
|Warranty||3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty|
|Weight & Dimensions||10 lbs (4.5 kg), 6.5'' x 15.4'' x 8.3'' (165mm x 390mm x 210mm)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable
CD with printer drivers, manuals & utility programs
Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler
IDP Smart-51S Printer Support & Downloads
IDP Smart-51S Printer DownloadsVisit the IDP support page to find the latest Smart-51 drivers and firmware
- Smart-51 Drivers and Firmware
IDP Smart-51S Printer User ManualsFind the latest version of the IDP Smart-51 user manual below:
- IDP Smart-51 User Manual
IDP Smart-51S Printer Warranty OptionsID Wholesaler has the most knowledgeable and well-trained in-house technical support department in the industry. Unlike other retailers, we don't send your printer back to the manufacturer -- we fix it, fast! We offer 1- or 2-year extended warranty and loaner plans for your Smart-51:
- See our IDP Smart-51 Extended Warranty & Loaner Plan
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options