It's a great time to upgrade to a new printer!
Trade-in your old ID card printer for a new one and get up to a $700 credit.
Call for details! (800) 321-4405
- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Single-sided high-definition printer ideal for durable, multi-function cards
- Special features: magnetic stripe encoding, vivid, high-definition printing, modular design, built-in Ethernet connectivity, and 2-year warranty that includes 1 year of loaner coverage
- Optional upgrades: dual-sided printing, lamination, and extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- HDP5000 single-sided retransfer printer w/ mag stripe encoding
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 2 year printer warranty with lifetime printhead coverage
- 1 year printer loaner coverage
Fargo HDP5000 89011 Description
If you are looking to ramp up your security efforts and incorporate multiple uses for your badges (e.g., photo ID, access control, debit/credit transactions, etc.), then the Fargo 89011 single-sided HDP5000 printer with magnetic stripe encoding is your solution for conducting card issuance operations that are secure and durable. The Fargo 89011 single-sided printer with mag stripe encoding is Fargo's fourth generation high-definition printer (HDP) that exhibits several enhanced features, including a modular design, lighter construction, built-in Ethernet connectivity, and Fargo's fastest HDP print speeds to date. Order your printer with the features that you need today - but rest assured it can be configured to your needs of tomorrow.
- High-definition retransfer printing (HDP)
Fargo HDP printers use retransfer technology. Retransfer (also known as “reverse transfer”) is a card printing method that produces rich, vibrant, saturated color on cards. Direct-to-card printers print images directly onto the surface of the card which can affect image quality and even cause printhead damage if you are using cards that have smart chips or embedded antennas and circuits. In contrast, retransfer printers print images on retransfer film that is then fused to your card via heat and pressure, producing flawless printing on any surface.
HDP retransfer film provides an additional benefit of adding durability and protection to your cards. It acts as a buffer from everyday wear and tear. Plus it's highly tamper-evident; if a counterfeiter attempts to peel apart the layers, the image will be destroyed.
- Intuitive user-interface
The Fargo 89011 printer with mag encoder provides easy-to-understand status messages and instructions via its SmartScreen LCD panel.
- Built-in Ethernet connectivity
Your card issuance application does not have to be limited to a stand-alone badging station. Operate your card printing and encoding application safely and seamlessly over your network with the built-in Ethernet connectivity and internal print server. It is additionally fitted with USB connectivity.
- Easy to operate and maintain
You will save money in training costs because the Fargo 89011 printer is easy to operate and maintain. Cards, ribbons and lamination are cartridge-based, allowing for snap-in replacement and elimination of torn, wasted materials. Printer cleaning is just as worry-free. Fargo includes a new cleaning roller with each ribbon purchase, making it easy to replace the roller each time you load a new ribbon.
- Magnetic stripe encoding
The Fargo 89011 comes standard with magnetic stripe encoding. Magnetic encoding is a highly flexible solution for ID card personalization.
- Optional dual-sided printing
The modular design of the Fargo HDP5000 allows you to easily upgrade to duplex (dual-sided) printing. These modules enable you to save substantial time printing, encoding and laminating your cards in one pass.
- Optional lamination
The modular design of the Fargo HDP5000 allows you to easily upgrade to single-sided or simultaneous duplex lamination. These modules enable you to save substantial time printing, encoding and laminating your cards in one pass.
- Optional extended warranty and printer loaner plans
ID Wholesaler's extended warranty plans include toll-free technical support, live chat support, total parts and labor replacement, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. This satisfaction-guaranteed service is handled in-house by our knowledgeable, factory-trained technical support team.
Fargo HDP5000 89011 Support & Downloads
Fargo HDP5000 89011 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest HDP5000 drivers and firmware
- Fargo HDP5000 Firmware & Drivers
Fargo HDP5000 89011 User ManualsFind the latest versions of the Fargo HDP5000 user manuals below:
- Fargo HDP5000 User Manual - English
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - English
- Fargo HDP5000 User Manual - Spanish
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - Spanish
Looking for additional documents or guides for the Fargo DTC400? Visit the Fargo Document Library.
Fargo HDP5000 89011 Warranty OptionsExtended Warranties & Registration
- Extended Warranty Plans
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options