- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Single-sided direct-to-card printer ideal for applications with low to high security needs
- Special features: Ethernet connectivity, printer password protection, built-in erase/rewrite, and 2-year warranty that includes 1 year of loaner coverage
- Optional upgrades: field-upgradeable dual-sided printing and extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- DTC4000 single-sided printer
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 2 year printer & printhead warranty with 1 year loaner coverage
Fargo DTC4000 48020 Description
Designed for applications with low to high security needs, the Fargo 48020 single-sided DTC4000 printer with Ethernet delivers versatility for current and future needs by combining a high level of simplicity and flexibility. Whether you need employee ID cards or membership cards, the Fargo 48020 single-sided printer with Ethernet creates brilliant ID badges and crisp barcodes and digital signatures.
- Compact design
The small footprint allows the Fargo 48020 printer with Ethernet to easily accommodate any desktop configuration.
- Direct-to-card printing with built-in erase and rewrite
The Fargo 48020 printer produces ID cards using dye-sublimation printing for vivid color and accurate images and thermal transfer or resin thermal transfer for sharp black text and barcodes. In addition, the Fargo 48020 printer features a built-in erase and rewrite function that is ideal for temporary ID cards such as visitor badges.
- All-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridge
An all-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridges offer a convenient and simplified loading process making maintenance a breeze.
- Intuitive user-interface
The intuitive user-interface includes a SmartScreen graphical display to easily identify the status of the printer.
- Enhanced security
The Fargo 48020 is designed to migrate from lower to higher security levels, offering built-in printer password protection and optional fluorescent ribbons for Ultra-Violet or UV printing.
- Printing on various card thicknesses
To accommodate access control badges and smart cards the Fargo 48020 allows printing cards as thin as 9 mil and up to 40 mil thick.
- Printing and encoding via one connection
The Fargo 48020 features the industry's first inline card printing and technology card encoding with one connection using the standard USB or Ethernet connection.
- Ethernet connectivity
The Fargo 48020 features Ethernet connectivity with an internal print server, which allows for remote printer sharing by many users on a network.
- Optional dual-sided printing (field-upgradeable)
Does your application require printing on both sides of the card? No problem, the DTC4000 is available as a single or dual-sided ID printer. Utilizing dual-sided printing allows for more space on your ID card for your company logo, additional cardholder information or security features.
- Optional extended warranty and printer loaner plans
ID Wholesaler's extended warranty plans include toll-free technical support, live chat support, total parts and labor replacement, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. This satisfaction-guaranteed service is handled in-house by our knowledgeable, factory-trained technical support team.
Our printer loaner coverage plans provide you with a loaner printer in the event your printer needs to be sent to ID Wholesaler for repair. Printer loaner plans help ensure you won't be without a printer and your card printing can continue uninterrupted. (Add a coverage plan to your printer within the Options tab.)
- Optional card printer training
Get your new Fargo DTC4000 card printer up and running in no time with a training session from our in-house Technical Support team. We will tailor your training around your specific printer and your specific needs. A card printer training session may include topics such as:
- ID card printer installation assistance
- How to load the ribbon and cards
- A review of the printer's user interface
- Special printer features and how to use them
- Corporate IDs
- Membership cards
- Gift cards
- Customer loyalty
- Health Cards
- Mass transit
- Student IDs
Fargo DTC4000 48020 Specifications
|Printing Capability||Single-sided printing|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||7 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
24 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Input Hopper Capacity||100|
|Output Hopper Capacity||100
100-card reject hopper (required same-side input/output card hopper)
|Noise Level:||Operating: 59 dB (A)|
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)
CR79 - adhesive-back (CR79 is slightly smaller than the size of a standard credit card)
|Card Thickness Accepted||9-40 mil
Note: Mylar-backed thin cards are recommended
|Interface||USB 2.0 & Ethernet w/ internal print server|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)*; Linux**,
Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6
Driver includes Fargo Workbench Printer Utility & Swift ID™ Embedded Badging Application
* Windows 8 drivers must be downloaded from the Fargo website.
**For specifications on Linux version compatibility, please refer to the printer brochure or call us at (800) 321-4405 x2.
|Warranty||2 years on printer and printhead (unlimited passes with ID Wholesaler-purchased cards) with 1 year printer loaner coverage|
|Weight & Dimensions||8 lbs (3.63 kg), 18.1'' x 9.8'' x 9.2'' (460mm x 249mm x 234mm)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable
US/International power cords
CD with printer drivers & user guide
|Printer Options||Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler, including options to add printer loaner coverage to standard warranty|
Fargo DTC4000 48020 Support & Downloads
Fargo DTC4000 48020 DownloadsVisit the Fargo support page to find the latest DTC4000 drivers and firmware
- DTC4000 Firmware and Drivers
Fargo DTC4000 48020 User ManualsFind the latest versions of the Fargo DTC4000 user manuals below:
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - English
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - English
- Fargo DTC4000 User Manual - Spanish
- Fargo Workbench User Manual - Spanish<
Looking for additional documents or guides for the Fargo DTC4000? Visit the Fargo Document Library.
Fargo DTC4000 48020 Warranty OptionsExtended Warranties & Registration
- Extended Warranty Plans
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options