HID Fargo HDP5600 printers offer impressive high-quality images and flexible printing options, to create a variety of applications.
HDP5600 card printers offer a number of easy-to-use features including:
• Single- or dual-sided printing capabilities
• Optional single- or dual-sided card lamination capabilities
• User-friendly SmartScreen that helps you navigate your printer
• Standard USB and Ethernet connectivity for flexibility in where your printer is placed in your facility
• Optional magnetic stripe, prox, contact and contactless card encoding to print and encode your cards in a single process
• Modular design to easily upgrade to more advanced features
• 600 dpi printing option to help create crisps intricate text
• The ability to print to a variety of cards, including pre-punched cards, perforated cards, prox, contact and contactless smart cards and more
• "Over-the-edge" printing, covering the entire card surface, including the ability to print right up to contact chips
600 dpi printing allows you to print very intricate images, as well as tiny text. Creating vivid, highly-detailed artwork on your ID cards has never been easier. The high definition printing of the HDP5600 also makes it possible to print intricate characters that were previously not possible, such as those used in cyrillic or mandarin.
In plastic card printing, lamination is a clear protective layer that is applied over the top of your printed cards by a printer with lamination capability. It increases the life of each card, and helps reduce the cost of re-printing ID badges.
Lamination helps protect your cards from normal wear, prevent cards from fading due to sun exposure, and increase the security of your cards with holograhic laminate options.
Retransfer printers print card images to clear retransfer film that is then fused to the surface of a card with intense heat. This type of printing process allows rich, vibrant images that covers the entire surface of your cards. It also allows you to print images to cards with uneven surfaces, such as prox cards, smart cards, perforated cards, and more. Printing to these types of cards with a direct-to-card printer could result in damage to the printhead if the uneven surface comes in contact with the printhead. The retransfer printing process eliminates this risk as the printhead does not come into direct contact with the card. It is this same process that allows the printer to create true over the edge images rather than leaving a small border around the edge of the card.
Fargo does not allow pricing to be displayed for HDP8500 products.
Our ID Professionals would be happy to assist you with pricing information by calling us at: (800) 321-4405 x2