Frequently Purchased Together
- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Dual-sided direct-to-card monochrome only printer ideal for high volume, one-color card printing applications
- Special features: high speed and high volume (3,600 single-sided and 1,200 dual-sided cards per hour), 500-card input and output hoppers, and can operate as a stand-alone unit
- Optional upgrade: encoding
- NBS ImageMaster D-40 duplex printer
- Window software driver CD
- Operator's manual
- 1 small spool of black ribbon
- 1 roll of cleaning tape
- 1 year limited printer & printhead warranty
NBS ImageMaster D-40 Description
The NBS ImageMaster D-40 dual-sided monochrome ID card printer is the solution to your high speed, high production, dual-sided card printing needs. This card printer is ideal for printing custom cardholder information in one color on pre-printed, full-color cards.
- High speed and high volume
The ImageMaster D-40 ID card printer monochrome dual-sided provides a high throughput of cards reliably and consistently. At 300 DPI resolution, the NBS ImageMaster D-40 printer provides crisp, brilliant monochrome images, text, and barcodes every time. It is the fastest, high quality card printer in today's market, boasting the ability to print up to 1,200 dual-sided cards per hour (and 3,600 single-sided cards per hour!). With its 500-card capacity input and output hoppers, the ImageMaster D-40 gives you the flexibility to keep pace with the demands of a number of machines. Plus, you can control the number of cards released to the output hopper to reduce production cycle times.
- Efficient printing
The NBS D-40 printer features a parallel card processing capability that allows for a card to be encoded at the same time that another is being printed, maximizing your production efficiency. Additionally, the ImageMaster D-40 printer is equipped with IP and Ethernet connectivity - eliminating the need for print servers and interface boxes.
- Cost-effective supplies
NBS offers large capacity monochrome ribbons in a full range of colors. These high-yield ribbons increase your efficiency by reducing the number of times printing supplies need to be replaced. The NBS D-40 printer also helps you save on the cost of ribbons by using only the minimum needed for your card printing. Its automatic card cleaning system allows you to set up the cleaning frequency and maintain a high quality printing standard. Plus, the NBS D-40 printer offers the optional Smartsys software; a robust, easy-to-use machine control and card production application.
- Can operate as a stand-alone unit
The NBS D-40 printer comes with a keyboard that can be used for manual data entry, if required.
- Prints on many card types
Compatible with many card thicknesses and types, the NBS D-40 printer is able to handle even thin and clear cards.
- Optional encoding
Add custom data to your cards with magnetic encoding and/or smart card personalization. (Add this feature to your printer within the Options tab.)
- Optional card printer training
Get your new NBS D-40 card printer up and running in no time with a training session from our in-house Technical Support team. We will tailor your training around your specific printer and your specific needs. A card printer training session may include topics such as:
- ID card printer installation assistance
- How to load the ribbon and cards
- A review of the printer's user interface
- Special printer features and how to use them
- Card printing service bureaus
- Third party administration for membership cards
- Any market demanding high volume production
NBS ImageMaster D-40 Specifications
|Printing Capability||Single-sided & dual-sided printing|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||1 second (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
3 seconds per dual-sided monochrome (K) card
|Input Hopper Capacity||500|
|Output Hopper Capacity||500|
|Noise Level:||Operating: 74 dB (A)
Peak: 87 dB (A)
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)|
|Card Thickness Accepted||20-50 mil|
|Interface||RS232C Serial & 10/100 Ethernet|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, 2003 & 2008 Server, XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), & Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit), Mac OS X 10.5 & newer|
|Warranty||1 year on printer and printhead (limited)|
|Weight & Dimensions||70 lbs (31.75 kg), 24'' x 23'' x 16'' (610mm x 585mm x 407mm)|
|Printer Includes||Windows software driver CD
1 small spool of black ribbon
1 roll of cleaning tape
|Printer Options||Encoding -
SmartSys machine control and card production software
NBS ImageMaster D-40 Support & Downloads
NBS ImageMaster D-40 DownloadsVisit the NBS support page to find the latest D-40 drivers and firmware
- NBS D-40 Firmware & Drivers
NBS ImageMaster D-40 User ManualsFind the latest version of the user manual at the link below:
- D-40 User Manual
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options