- Includes a free 30-day subscription to CloudBadging: a secure, cloud-based workspace for individuals or teams to create, manage, and print ID badges.
- Direct-to-card printer ideal for mid to high volume card printing applications.
- Special features: same-side input/output hopper, built-in USB connectivity and 3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty
- Optional upgrades: Ethernet connectivity, encoding, extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
- IDP Smart-50 printer
- USB cable
- Power cord
- CD with drivers, manuals & utility programs
- Quick install guide
- 3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty
IDP Smart-50S Printer Description
The IDP Smart-50 ID Card Printer with Ethernet is perfect for on demand or volume printing with its fast print speeds. Quality printing, low-cost per card, and a flexible design are just some of the features that set this printer apart. The IDP Smart-50 is the perfect solution for small to medium-sized applications including access control, government ID, healthcare, banking cards and more!
- Fast print speeds & Quality
Need cards quickly? No problem! The IDP Smart-50 Printer prints up to 133 full color cards per hour. This printer provides quality, direct-to-card printing with 300dpi and edge-to-edge printing. You can expect brilliant colors and crisp barcodes.
- Enhanced Data Security
The Smart-50 has a password verification function to provide root and user authentications. Data transmitted on USB can be encrypted and SSL Protocol on Ethernet communications is supported. You can set a specific authorized PC for encoding and printing cards.
- Easy-to-use and Compact Design
The IDP Smart-50 offers a user-friendly design that is intuitive, allowing you to start printing quickly and easily! Plus, drop-in ribbon cartridges make ribbon changing a snap. This printer has a small footprint to easily fit any desktop configuration.
- Industry-leading Warranty Protection
The IDP Smart-50 ID Card Printer with Ethernet includes a top-of-the-line warranty plan that will ensure your card printing program is always operational, and you get the most for your money.
- 3 - Year Advanced Exchange Coverage - If your printer goes down during the warranty, you won't need to deal with shipping loaner printers back-and-forth. Instead, you will simply exchange your printer for a replacement printer. The replacement printer will then be covered for the duration of your initial printer’s warranty.
- 2 - Year Unlimited Prints/Passes Printhead Warranty – IDP will replace blown Printheads, no questions asked, for 2 years. (The replacement printhead is covered for the duration of the initial printhead’s warranty.)
IDP Smart-50S Printer Specifications
IDP Smart-50S Single-Sided ID Card Printer - 650793
|Printing Capability||Single side|
|Printing Speeds (sec/card)||5 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
22 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
|Input Hopper Capacity||100|
|Output Hopper Capacity||40|
|Noise Level:||Operating: 58 dB (A)
Peak: 68 dB (A)
|Card Sizes Accepted||CR80 - standard PVC, PET or Composite PVC (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)|
|Card Thickness Accepted||15-40 mil|
|Print Resolution DPI||300 DPI|
|Software Drivers||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 10 (32- & 64-bit); Mac OS, Linux|
|Warranty||3-year advanced exchange with 2-year unlimited printhead warranty|
|Weight & Dimensions||10 lbs (4.5 kg), 6.7'' x 16.5'' x 7.7'' (170mm x 420mm x 195mm)|
|Printer Includes||USB cable
CD with printer drivers, manuals & utility programs
Extended warranties through ID Wholesaler
IDP Smart-50S Printer Support & Downloads
IDP Smart-50S Printer DownloadsVisit the IDP support page to find the latest Smart-50S drivers and firmware
- Smart-50S Firmware and Drivers
IDP Smart-50S Printer User ManualsFind the latest version of the IDP Smart-50 user manual below:
- IDP Smart-50S User Manual
IDP Smart-50S Printer Warranty OptionsID Wholesaler has the most knowledgeable and well-trained in-house technical support department in the industry. Unlike other retailers, we don't send your printer back to the manufacturer -- we fix it, fast! We offer 1- or 2-year extended warranty and loaner plans for your Smart-50S:
- See our IDP Smart-50S Extended Warranty & Loaner Plan
Technical SupportOur team is able to assist you 7:30am-4:00pm CT, Monday-Friday.
- See our technical support page for contact options